It’s your time to play in music and in life!
A 12 week launch to new pathways utilizing the power of music and reflective journaling.
This journal is a perfect accompaniment to any music course, for any instrument, and students of all levels* who desire to progress musically and personally, and is a record of the first 12 weeks of progress, not only in music, but in a new life direction.
Each week includes:
- Powerful Questions – to open you to possibilities and encourage discovery, deeper understanding, and new insights. Topics include: Personal Growth, Vision and Purpose, Moving Mountains, Life Analysis, Goals, Tolerations, Leadership.
- Written Expression – playing music elevates you beyond pain, depression, and daily troubles. Here is where you are enlightened, revived, reminded, and inspired. On this page is where you write it all down.
- Musical Expression – in the creative realm there are no mistakes and on these staves is freedom to ‘compose as it flows.’
- Charts – for recording and tracking your rehearsal days, time, and duration.
- Gratitude and Charity – time to focus on the blessings in your life and ponder how to touch others.
- Reflect and Review – your week-end analysis…how did it go? Did you meet your expectations and how can the coming week be better?
- Sage Sayings – master musicians and statesmen help you springboard your own ideas while meditating on their succinct wisdom.
Reintroducing a creative outlet into my life – making music through piano – has been extraordinarily healing for me. When I focus on reading music, and I hear the sounds that I am creating as my fingers play the keys, I’m transported to another world. The experience is a balm for my body, mind, and spirit. D. Witt
Joanne Jolee is a master-certified professional coach and musical artist. She received her piano and music theory training through the Trinity College of Music, and Royal School of Music, London, and studied voice under Dame Sister Mary Leo at Saint Mary’s College in New Zealand. Joanne is the co-founder of the Jolee-Jaffa Music Foundation, Inc., a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. She is a mother of five (all musicians) and grandmother of six.
Joanne Jolee Official Webpage: here
Piano Performance Clips featuring Chopin and Rachmaninoff: here
Join the Your Time to Play communities for updates and posts on the power of music for health, healing, and empowerment.
Joanne Jolee is a passionate advocate for the power and benefits of music. At a time when we are focused on maximizing the value we spend on our children, helping them develop into competent, capable adults, she reminds us of the scientifically proven value of a music education. For adults who struggle with depression, anxiety, or just the stresses of modern living, she reminds us of the power that music holds to heal and nourish. Joanne Jolee is an excellent speaker: professional, vibrant, compelling. I highly recommend her for music mentorship or music advocacy: she truly walks her talk!
L. Schmidt, MS, CYT, E-RYT, Faculty Associate, Arizona State University, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion
I just wanted to send you a huge THANK YOU for your scintillating visit to our retirees yesterday. I know many of us were challenged by your words and are rethinking our views on the part music can play in our own lives, as well as those of our children and grandchildren. Thank you so much for opening us up to these fascinating new ideas
L. Carmichael, President Las Sendas Retirees
Joanne, you are an amazing musician, a fantastic teacher, and a great mentor! You are a great inspiration to my boys and myself. I can’t thank you enough for what you have contributed to my children’s mental growth. What you taught my children is beyond the ability to appreciate music, playing a Bach piece on the piano, or performing on the stage in front of an audience. You taught my children about confidence, respect, and most of all, perseverance. These are valuable lessons from which they will benefit for life. It’s truly a blessing to have you in our lives! Thank you!
Your Time to Play, Journal (Wildflower Edition)
ISBN (paperback): 979-8-9855743-0-2
Copyright © 2022 Pinnacle American Records, LLC
Published by Pinnacle American Records, LLC
For more information or to request permissions: email@example.com